Camp 2021 Bagley Summer Elementary Drop-in
Description07:00am Starting 06/21/2021 2021 Summer Elementary Drop-in
Summer Camps, NA, Coed
Ages Youth (under 17 years old)
<div> <div> <div>Week 1- Summer Crafts Galore! (6/21/21-6/25/21)</div> <div>
- We will be kicking off the start of the summer with getting to know each other through a week full of arts and crafts activities. Everyone will stay engaged with activities like tie dye, friendship bracelets, clay figurines, origami, watercolors, and more!
- This week, will be filled with different science, tech, engineering, arts, and math activities. Children will learn how to investigate how our world works through the scientific method, explore fun and safe ways to use tech, and how math can be fun! Activities could include making our own slime, chemical reactions between baking soda and vinegar, coding, and more!
- This week, children will be highly active with learning to play different sports and gym games, and even creating their own games to share with the club! Activities could include games of soccer, football, baseball, basketball, Gaga Ball (a Bagley BGC favorite!), and more!
- This week, children will learn about the outdoors through exploration of our local ecosystems, staff-led scavenger hunts in the area, natural habitats of Washington's local wildlife, and more!
- This week, children will be learning about the different cultures, foods, and traditions around the world. We will first learn from each other with show & tell of our own cultures within the club, and then branch off into others that are not yet familiar to us. Activities could include bringing and trying traditional foods from around the world, learning about traditions and customs, and even learning about music and dances!
- This week, children will dive into the exploration of the ocean, ocean animals, and how humans affect the ocean's ecosystems. Activities could include learning about how the world's oceans have changed over time, animals that have lived and evolved in the ocean, and how we can do our part to protect the ocean's ecosystems.
- Which staff did it?! This week, children will work together to investigate and solve a case of 'who did it?' One of the Bagley BGC staff took the legendary Bagley BGC Gaga Ball, and it is up to BGC's members to crack the case! Activities could include solving riddles, 'dusting for fingerprints', examining the 'scene of the crime', and more!
- This week, children will learn about the nutritional benefits of food! Children will learn how to create a healthy and balanced meal, as well as learning to 'treat-yo-self' the right way. Activities could include creating your own plate, making our own foods, showing and telling what we eat at home, and more! YUM!!!
- This week, children will have fun in the sun with a bunch of different water play games and activities with field trips to match! These activities could include sprinklers, DIY water slides, water balloon tosses, and more!
- This week will be full of Bagley favorites and kids' choice! We will enlist the leadership of club members to help run this last week of club with Bagley's favorites. Activities could include Gaga Ball tournaments, favorite field trips, and more!